Subject: [Leica] ISO 2500 and another topic- chimping
From: walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson)
Date: Wed Nov 15 09:32:23 2006

Doug

That would be true if one could control the whole world as we do a
studio. I said event work  in reference to  things happening where we
had no input except experience.. Standing on the sidelines next to 40
other shooters is a situation where "results verification" becomes
applicable. There is a drawback with that because it is much like "mass
chimping". They  could just put settings on the score board for the
entire crew and make all happy.

The difference in picking and choosing your subject and being sent
somewhere can be exasperating, as I'm sure you know.  Digital is
obviously the future wave. Those of us dying with our boots on while
shooting film should kindly remembered though. In my defense, my Tri-X
or Kodak UC 400 becomes digital when slid into my Coolscan. It's not as
if progress is bad, just iffy. I've been kidding a bit about the M8 but
in all honesty, it seems like it's gonna bark. Tina's excellent post
about the pros and cons made me curious to handle one. Maybe someone
could loan me theirs for a week or so? :-)

Walt.