Subject: [Leica] Tri Motor
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Fri Nov 10 15:38:54 2006

At 05:57 PM 11/10/2006, Walt Johnson wrote:
>Love those old aircraft. Being a photojournalist
>has afforded me quite a few nice flights. A
>Stearman, T28, a 1936 something( I can't
>remember the name of ) gliders, hot air balloons
>and a C130 jaunt through a hurricane. ;-)    I
>envy your Tri-Motor trip. They must still use them in Mexico and Latin
>America.

Walt

There are a number of Ford Tri-Motors still
flying in the US, but all are now giving joy
rides only.  Until about 20 years ago, a Michgan
School District used a Tri-Motor to "bus" kids to
class from islands in the Great Lakes.  Though
the USAF abandoned the C-47 more than thirty
years ago, there are still several hundred of
these DC-3's in regular commercial service worldwide, many in the US.

Check out the Butte, Montana, airfield and the
like.  You aren't going to catch the old aircraft
at John Wayne International or the like, I would suspect.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

Message from marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small) ([Leica] Tri Motor)