Subject: [Leica] Tri Motor
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Fri Nov 10 14:43:12 2006

At 04:16 PM 11/10/2006, Roy Feldman wrote:
>Is that a Ford Tr-Motor or a JU-52?  Quite a few years ago author Martin
>Cadin bought one (a JU-52) that still flew. Rattled and leaked but still
>got airborne. :-)
>
>It is the ford tri-motor that carried Adm.Byrd over the first air crossing
>of the South Pole.

I believe that there are several JU-52's still
flying commercially.  I know that there are still
several Ford Tri-Motors flying commerically:  I have ridden in one such.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

Replies: Reply from raimo.m.korhonen at uusikaupunki.fi (Raimo K) ([Leica] Tri Motor)