Subject: [Leica] Anyone Else Interested in a Zeiss 50/1.4 Lens in(Leica)Screw Mount?
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Sun Nov 5 22:03:06 2006

Well I'm looking forward to some samples from those ZM bad boys.
Regarding the ZS 1.4 50 (SLR mount), as I understand it the back focus
distance is all wrong to become an LTM or M lens. And as
mentioned, I've heard from repected photogs "worst bokeh ever" regarding the
original. I'm not a bokeh obsessed kind of guy, but
that's a worry. I was actually thinking about one, with the 1.4 85 for a
Nikon MF. Now those ZM lenses do look yummy. First report
on that new 28 posted by Herr Puts, too. Looks like a winner (but I have its
glorious bigger brother).
Cheers
Hoppy