Subject: [Leica] 2500 ISO
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sun Nov 5 20:15:35 2006

To be honest, it is not a "Do not buy", it is rather a statement of reality
of technical information.

There are a lot of non-Electronics types here in the LUG.  Their
expectations are sometimes not realistic when it comes to
technological issues.  I try to keep those issues honest.  The buyer should
make up his own mind given complete and factual
information and his needs and wants.  It is none of my business what he
decides, and personally, I could care less.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Frank,
I agree with you totally - I would put the life at 5 years or so. Unless
you are a pro, it seems to be an excessive price to pay for that life
span. A Nikon or a Canon equivalent can be had for one fifth the price -
I know people will say 'rangefinder' or 'Leica' but the bang for the
buck is just not there as a photographic tool, IMHO. On the other hand,
it qualifies extremely well as an inexpensive piece of handmade
jewellery.....
Cheers
Jayanand