Subject: [Leica] Canon G7; viable choice for a Leica M user?
From: jackmclain at hughes.net (Jack McLain)
Date: Sun Nov 5 05:47:32 2006

Can anyone offer opinion or comment on the Canon G7 as far as it's "user
friendliness" from the perspective of a Leica M camera user? It kinda
"looks" like a camera.

Are there other digital cameras that one could consider (other than the M8
or Epson Rd-1 which I just cannot afford right now)? Is the Panasonic, even
without a optical viewfinder, a choice to consider?

Whatever the choice I make it is likely that I will have to buy it via the
internet sight-unseen. I am in a very rural situation and am isolated from
other photographers and camera shops. I cannot depend on my past experience
with film cameras to guide me into this brave new world.

I moved from Tucson awhile back and lost my capability (and for some reason,
the will) to develop and print my own film. It is time, I guess, to enter
the digital world. I mean, what the heck, I just switched from PC to Mac,
why not analog to digital image capture?

Selling my MP and lenses is a big step, but I am seriously considering it.
My M6 is already gone. The Huge (and unused) Nikon system now lives with
someone else.

Thanks much
Jack

Jack McLain