Subject: [Leica] convert to DNG? sweet barking cheese! NO!
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Sat Nov 4 17:20:00 2006

Anyone who chooses can write a program to read DMG files - the full
specification is out there - published by Adobe. Perhaps a more
reasonable question would be to ask some very pointed questions of the
software vendors who do NOT support it. Probably they don't want to
risk having you run off to another vendor.

I like DNG for this open specification. I like that there is a sole
vendor publishing it and devising it. Having 10 different vendors
writing a functional specification would result in no specification at
all or a "devised by committee" solution that is soooo cumbersome it
has no use at all.

Adam