Subject: [Leica] M8 & Depth of Field
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Wed Nov 1 15:46:13 2006

At 3:31 PM -0500 11/1/06, Philip Forrest wrote:
>We did say that, but the depth of field markings on the lens will still be
>valid.

No they're not, because they assume a print size.
So unless you change your print size as well as
your sensor (film) size, the markings are no
longer valid.

In any case, between the M8 and 35mm film the
difference isn't that large, and if you want to
deal with DOF seriously you have to adjust your
criteria to match your output anyway and then, a
lot of Leica shooting is just about getting the
desired point of focus correct, and above all,
getting the moment of exposure correct so: focus
and shoot, and practice until you're happy with
the results.