Subject: [Leica] 6-bit code as installed by Leica
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Wed Nov 1 05:42:31 2006

Good thinking..... I guess it would work as well as 2 lenses.  But I think
for the purposes of analysis, and to be sure there was no
funny business, and because whoever does this will be establishing a forever
"factoid" on the Internet, it might be best to make
sure the test is unquestionable.....

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Why do you need coded and uncoded lenses?
You can switch the coding detection off from within the camera menu, so all
you need is a coded lens.

Eric Calderwood