Subject: [Leica] M8 Should Follow D200 for lens selection
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Sat Oct 21 09:22:23 2006

A man after my own heart. Because of shooting so much with M cameras,
I find manual focus with my digital cameras to be very natural. There
is no question that the AI/AIS lenses that Nikon made were certainly
more robust and better made than most of their AF siblings. I now
find myself searching out the better MF lenses before they're no
longer available in excellent condition. I'm still using lenses I
bought in the late 70's and had AI'd by Nikon. The biggest surprise
is how good my 80~200/4.5 zoom is on a digital body and I prefer it
to my AFS VR 70~200/2.8. Another surprise is how well the TC 16A-AF
works on the D200. It will not auto focus with the D200 but acts like
a TC14A but I think sharper. On a D2X it converts all my mf lenses to
AF. Really neat. Plus B&H is still selling them used in LN condition.

Len