Subject: [Leica] Infrared ans autumn
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Fri Oct 20 22:29:11 2006

>Henning thanks for that comprehensive info. I am by no means expert
>on IR, just meant that a similar attractive effect could be
>achieved with normal film. Your post explains that it wouldn't be an
>accurate replication of a pic from an IR emulsion, though. Fair
>enough, I don't have any mission for IR, never played with it, in
>fact. Your sample is very striking, thanks.
>Cheers
>Hoppy

When 4x5 IR was availabe, I used it extensively for architectural
shots. Particularly when the subject was slightly dull. A warehouse,
or something. Infrared could bring out textures in surfaces that were
otherwise extremely drab, and could dramatize a subject to the extent
that it might even be attractive. That made money. :-)

For more interesting subjects, it could emphasize different aspects
of a subject, and reinterpret it. Also made money. That made the
effort of learning IR handling, exposure and processing worth it. It
was also fun. :-)