Subject: [Leica] Dog wrangling - guns, kids, and saying "cheese"
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Thu Oct 19 05:51:57 2006

Raphael and Cathy with their two kids and two dogs provided a
considerable challenge. I was Without Assistant on this one so had to
undertake not only the photo snappin' but all the "hey doggie! look over
here!" that phil normally takes care of. Dogs want to help, but they're
sure you want to photograph their hind ends. Kids just don't care.
Ultimately the only direction that seems to work is "mom and dad, you
just keep looking at me, I'll wait for the kids and the dogs." Because
of that I ended up taking more than twice the number of photos that i
usually do and, of course, the ones that successfully capture faces and
expressions for some reason leave the rules of good composition in the
dust. you get one or the other, it seems.

Raphael and his Armalite AR-10: "I'm not into hunting, I love animals, I
could never shoot one. I could never shoot a person either, but I just
love guns."

http://www.armedamerica.org/paul4/rafael4.jpg
http://www.armedamerica.org/paul4/rafael1.JPG
http://www.armedamerica.org/paul4/rafael3.JPG

David and Noel and their three daughters were much easier.

Crystal: "I shot my third deer this year -- with a muzzle loader. One
shot, she took maybe half a step. She was dead before she hit the
ground":

http://www.armedamerica.org/paul4/carlisle-pa.JPG

And one unrelated normal type wedding photo for those of you who are
freaked out by all this:

http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/lj/2006/kim1.jpg

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] Re:Dog wrangling - guns, kids, and saying "cheese")
Reply from jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman) ([Leica] Dog wrangling - guns, kids, and saying "cheese")