Subject: [Leica] best leica lens for photographing bigfoot
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Tue Oct 17 08:26:49 2006

Hi Folks,
  I'm going to be spending 18 days in the woods in Oregon as part of the
PNWMAP (Pacific Northwest Musk Ape Project) documenting the homonid known
technically referred to by scientist as Gigantanthropus but alternatively by
lay-people as "Sasquach", "Skunk Ape", "Musk Ape" and, of course, Bigfoot.
In meetings with the Bigfoot Field Research Deployment team, one of the
things we discussed is that most images of this shy and smelly creature are
not very sharp. It's for this reason that I've procured a grant for
purchasing a Leica camera and a lens. I want to use a single lens to avoid
the horror of being in the process of changing lenses when a Yeti emerges
from a bedding path in the undergrowth and stalks with his loping determined
stride across the narrow path in front of me to vanish rapidly again in the
dense foilage. With just one lens, I can always be at the ready to capture
the photographic evidence which will advance our studies and knowledge of
this noble beast.

  My question is, givin the moist enviornment that Woods Devil likes to live
in, what Leica camera will be the most robust in those circumstances and
what lens will be the sharpest and most useful overall? -- taking into
consideration that the Yowie may come, screaming and bellowing, into my
field of view from a great distance or may even charge me, suddenly, in
close quarters if he is enraged by the smell of my after shave. I want to be
prepared for everything. Generally a herbavore, Old Yellow-Top is thought to
be an opportunistic carnovoire, so the camera must also be able to withstand
a possible, though extremely unlikely attack by one of Americas last giant
apes.

  Thanks for your time and expertise. Also, if anyone has photographs
they've taken or reports of sightings, I'd love to hear them.

  Kyle Cassidy
  PNWMAP, Photographic Field Research Team Coordinator

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] best leica lens for photographing bigfoot)
Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] Re:best leica lens for photographing bigfoot)
Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] best leica lens for photographing bigfoot)
Reply from ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] best leica lens for photographing bigfoot)