Subject: [Leica] LHSA meeting in Wetzlar; Leica Camera AG
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Wed Oct 11 23:41:56 2006

I doubt it.  It is a simple thing to do in the camera, you don't need no
stinking 5GHz Pentium super duper processor.  But then
again, theEXIF file may provide the lens data, and some add-in that is tuned
to this camera, provides the gain algorithm in the
computer.

 If it were done on the computer from user supplied data ( No coded lenses
were used) , it would be necessary for you to remember
the lens you used to take that picture... highly doubtful that if you came
back from 3 weeks in Europe with 45,395 pictures that you
could remember which lens took what picture......the true reason for coded
lenses.... Senioritis.....

There is also the issue that the oblique angle from a 28 Elmarit might be
different than a 28 Summicron....so the specific lens
design will affect the algorithm.  I do not see this in the lens coding
possibilities.

I still don't get it, and like I said, it could be marketing hype......

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

My interpretation of Leica's info release was that the
correction data was stored within the RAW file, like white balance
information and could be used or disregarded.

Hoppy

Replies: Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) ([Leica] LHSA meeting in Wetzlar; Leica Camera AG)
Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) ([Leica] LHSA meeting in Wetzlar; Leica Camera AG)