Subject: [Leica] Back up back up back up
From: craig at craigschroeder.com (Craig Schroeder)
Date: Sun Oct 8 18:40:25 2006

I haven't read on this lately but the last I heard, CD's were failing at
about a 3% per year rate.  I work for a company that has a division that
produces CD media and this is the number I've heard from connected
people, too.  The primary issue is the lamination related problems.
I've never personally had any failures of CD media of any format (music,
video or data) but I trust my archiving to some home network routines
along with external hard drives that back the network up.

Message from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] Back up back up back up)