Subject: [Leica] Re: Jurassic era photography
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Sun Oct 8 08:46:36 2006

On Oct 8, 2006, at 11:15 AM, Larry Z wrote:

> Sorry Harrison, but I used to cover hockey and basketball for the
> Boston Globe in the '50s. That's when we used 4x5 Speed Graphics and
> 25 lb. Strobotron flashes, not wimpy Leicas. The Celtics even won
> most of their games then.

To answer a couple of e-mails:

Yes, I am just about as old as Ted.

No, I have not been a professional photographer for almost 50 years.
I didn't get paid for pictures taken during the Korean War (US Army)
and my total income for photographs to illustrate a few scientific
articles and books and an occasional travel or boating magazine
spread would not pay for a new Leica M8.

Larry Z