Subject: [Leica] Choice of lenses
From: nickbroberts at yahoo.co.uk (Nick Roberts)
Date: Tue Oct 3 13:00:44 2006

I've never been that happy with either a 35 (not wide enough) or 50 (too
long) - a 40 is very nice for me, and is after all closer to the diagonal of
a 35mm neg than either of the others - a true standard. My rangefinder
lenses are 15, 25, 35, 40, 50 and 90 - 25, 40, 90 makes an excellent 3 lens
set. But if you don't like 40, you don't like it! I do, and I prefer the
75mm Rolleiflex lens to the 80mm for the same reasons.

Nick