Subject: [Leica] B&W only version of M8 - no channel mixer anymore?
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Tue Oct 3 09:09:50 2006

I agree to Nathan it will certainly not be only a simple algorithm
unsaturating the color picture. But even if it offers more dynamic range, I
doubt there will be color channels in such RAW B&W files. And its just the
color cannels that allow very fine and precise B&W editing, something that
would get lost as soon as the RAW file is in greyscale mode. At least for
me, as I get the heck out of the channel mixer.

With the RD-1 RAW software, I have set the prefs that B&W is the default
mode when opening an Epson RAW file. So I don't see any color except if I
want. But still have the channel mixer feature.

Didier

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] B&W only version of M8 - no channel mixer anymore?)
Message from jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] B&W only version of M8 - anyone else hear this?)