Subject: [Leica] B&W only version of M8 - anyone else hear this?
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Mon Oct 2 18:07:18 2006

I'm really thrilled to hear that Leica might release a B&W only
version of the M8. I only shoot B&W in my M's so it would save a step
in the handling of the file. Might eliminate the need for RAW
processing too since the splicing together of color information won't
be required. With Kodak being the vendor for the sensor, and Kodak
having attempted to release a B&W only digital SLR a few years ago (B.
D. - you saw one? Used one? Someone here did, as I remember).

Even if there aren't more pixels - but more SENSITIVE pixels - it
would be a big win.

Anyway, if there's any added rumors I'm all ears and VERY interested.

Thanks for sharing!

Adam

Replies: Reply from jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] B&W only version of M8 - anyone else hear this?)
Reply from pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig) ([Leica] B&W only version of M8 - anyone else hear this?)
Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] B&W only version of M8 - anyone else hear this?)