Subject: [Leica] B&W only version of M8 - anyone else hear this?
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Mon Oct 2 18:45:07 2006

At 09:06 PM 10/2/2006, you wrote:

>Anyway, if there's any added rumors I'm all ears and VERY interested.
>
>Thanks for sharing!
>
>Adam

I don't understand why anybody would want a B&W version over a RAW
version.  RAW is the negative.  You can develop it any way you
want.  Once it's been developed as B&W, you can't redevelop it for
highlights or shadows or anything else.  Why would you want
that?  RAW has all of the information that the camera captures.  B&W
only would throw away most of this information. Are you going to
depend on the camera software to develop the negative for you? It
doesn't make sense to make a B&W only camera!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP, NPPA
http://www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] B&W only version of M8 - anyone else hear this?)