Subject: [Leica] Re: Hawaii Gallery (Frank Filippone)
From: rpalmier at depaul.edu (bob palmieri)
Date: Mon Oct 2 16:53:55 2006

On Oct 2, 2006, Frank Filippone wrote:

> Nicely done.  T images are simply wonderful.  I prefer the stunning
> effect of the still lifes.... seeds + weeds, beaks,  door, etc.
> to the landscapes.
>
> I take it you visited the trails in Hawaii?  ( Arapane, Io, Pueo)
> All 3 are very rare birds ( although we did get an overfly of the
> Pueo ourselves)  Where did you get the opportunity to shoot them?
>
> No film?
>
> Frank Filippone

Frank -

Thanks for the very kind thoughts regarding this stuff; it's
especially nice coming from someone who knows from Hawaii...

In fact, a lot of the stuff you mentioned came from the Limahuli
gardens, which you put me onto.  (Me: "Frank sez we gotta go here."
My wife: "Who's Frank??") That reminds me; I haven't even started to
pick through the birdshots from the Lighthouse...

Also Waimea canyon, as the first title says.

Then there's Volcano National Park.

But the proverbial rare birds were shot in the Hakalau Refuge.  We
booked a guided hike through Hawaii Forest & Trails - 11 hours with
10 miles of hiking, but, hey, they've actually got access to that
place which most mortals are forbidden to enter!

Oh yeah... the film... where the heck did I put that E-6... oh geez;
two of my Usual Suspects for processing the stuff have gone under
recently... I know I'll get to it,,, really I will...

Bob Palmieri

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Re: Hawaii Gallery (Frank Filippone))