Subject: [Leica] Re: Hawaii Gallery (Frank Filippone)
From: rpalmier at depaul.edu (bob palmieri)
Date: Tue Oct 3 09:11:37 2006

On Oct 3, 2006, Frank Filippone wrote:

> Are you Birders?

Frank -

My wife is a serious birder; me, I just try to get the little buggers
to stick to some recording medium.  In fact, when we were at the
Limahuli Gardens we spotted a bird that the on-site official couldn't
identify.

If only we had had some gear capable of capturing an image of the
thing... with subtle color nuances and highly detailed rendering of
the feathers...

http://www.pbase.com/image/67957015

(A bit clinical and truncated for my taste in actual birdsnaps, but
it's really helping with the all-important (to birder types) ID
factor...

Actually, you've also raised a couple of other interesting questions
that I'll address later.

Bob Palmieri

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Re: Hawaii Gallery (Frank Filippone))
Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Re: Hawaii Gallery (Frank Filippone))