Subject: [Leica] Taking up the cudgels for Francesco Illy
From: chs2018 at med.cornell.edu (Chris Saganich)
Date: Mon Oct 2 08:55:35 2006

Didier
I am happy to receive this kind of inside perspective.  It does make a big
difference to me and I appreciate you taking the time to address my
concerns.  I can only imagine the juggling act one must undertake to
support a bottom line while managing the social and political issues with a
conscience.   I agree the world could use  more patrons like this and it is
sad that trying to "take care of your employees" is considered an "old
fashioned" way of conducting business.  In the end even this becomes PR.
Chris