Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica users
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Wed Sep 20 13:52:35 2006

I saw a TV drug commercial the other day showing an open convertible
with 4 nostalgic old farts laughing over a photo one had just snapped.
The camera, was a Chrome Leica M. The camera segment was very brief, but
long enough that they appeared to be chimping. It struck me as lack of
continuity, but maybe it was an M8! Sure looked like an M6, though.

I thought someone else might have seen the ad and mentioned it.
(Certainly I'm not the only one that fits the demographic). :-) I've
only seen the commercial once, though.

daveR

Larry wrote:

>>My favorite camera repair person, Sherry Krauter, told me that Leica
owners are aging as fast as their cameras. The proportion of young
people who own Leicas is insignificant compared to the legion of
nostalgic old farts who hang on to their cameras and lenses.<<

Replies: Reply from bd at bdcolenphoto.com (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Re: Leica users)
Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Re: Leica users)