Subject: [Leica] RE: Trying to understand M8
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Tue Sep 19 17:44:14 2006

Gene, I'm really looking forward to the cameras getting out there in the
marketplace and some knowledgeable folk testing coded vs
non-coded results from a production camera (as well as all results from the
M8). I hope LUG people like Henning and Tom A are in
that group. I'd be pleased to see what DP Review come up with, too. Herr
Puts, I'm not so sure about. Every new article seems to
have more odd methodology and /or Canon content?
My own guess at this stage is that the wide angles ought to be most likely
to demonstrate any improvements to be had from the bit
code driven algorithms.

Cheers
Analog CPU Hoppy