Subject: [Leica] OT Nikon Capture
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Mon Sep 18 14:13:46 2006

Nikon can't "do software," plain and simple. Nothing to do with quality or
the lack thereof.  But they make it hard for users, as if software was going
to be a really big revenue generator. Sheesh.  Capture should be free, and
Capture NX as well.  Nikon is stupid when it comes to software.

Here's how I upgraded to 4.4. Box/disk install. Look at 4.4 on the Nikon
site
(fish around). See that it will upgrade from X.Y.  Go find  X.Y. It did a
seemless upgrade. Now go to 4.4 and it will do a seemless upgrade.

Not too hard, but you have to figure it out and Nikon doesn't help at all.
Completely  brain dead.

I might sprint for NX when users report that it's no longer a memory
hog and that it's extremely fast and responsive on stock hardware I'm not
holding my breath :-)

Scott