Subject: [Leica] Re: BW modes
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Fri Sep 15 15:50:51 2006

Chris if you are taking that continuous curve analog light and sampling it
to discrete steps, it just must be softer. Sharpening is
inevitable. Of course just how smart the algorithm is that restores that
lost apparent sharpness, where it happens and how much
control you want over the process is the biggie.

Cheers
Hoppy