Subject: [Leica] Fuji Neopan 400
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sat Sep 9 05:59:33 2006

Peter,
I don't think so.  I purchased some expired Neopan 400 (6/04) and processed
it yesterday, it looks very much like the stuff that doesn't expire until
07.  Many similar scenes and the same camera and lens.  Both rolls processed
at the same time in the same chemistry.  The only apparant difference is a
slightly higher fog level on the older film, and that is truly slight.

I did this experiment as I think that film availabiltiy is going to get very
spotty very soon and wanted to know how expired film would work if it was
stored in reasonable conditions.  What I purchased had been in an
airconditioned store it's whole life so it had not been baked or frozen.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com