Subject: [Leica] Am I wasting my time/money?
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Sat Sep 2 20:12:13 2006

On Sep 2, 2006, at 7:52 PM, Robert Meier wrote:

> The Nikon F6 is quite another story -- you can program it for up to 10
> AI or AIS lenses and the F6 will give you matrix metering and all the
> exposure modes.   It even will imprint the right focal length and the
> aperture you used for each shot in the margin between frames.

What I don't comprehend is why a camera needs to be programmed either
manually as above or via the lens' chip to use matrix metering.  The R8
and R9 will matrix meter perfectly well with any lens you can put on
it, no programming required.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com