Subject: [Leica] Am I wasting my time/money?
From: dnaplasmid at compwrx.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Sat Sep 2 08:17:28 2006

To all who have commented:

I have one correction - the lens was the 35 'cron, not the 100 APO, not that
it makes that much difference as the 35 is an outstanding lens.  It puts
more in doubt the camera shake  and foucs miss scenarios, but......

It does look out of focus at 100% all over the frame, but I probably shot at
f-4 or 5.6 and since the scene has depth, I should think that somewhere
there should be part of the subject in the correct focal plane if I had
missed my focus.

The smoothness of the digital image compared to the grain of the K-25 slide
scan is also impressive.  I know this is not iindicative of information
gathered, but just a pleasing optical effect at 100%.

I have about 1/3 a roll of Velvia left in the R8, so I am off today with
both cameras to seek some comparitive shots on a tripod.  I do use mirror
lock up on most of my macro work, but on non-macro, if I have to lock the
mirror up to make things work, it is not worth it.  The advantage of the SLR
is WYSIWIG, not what you Don't see is what you get...

I think I am going to ask my only camera store in town if they can do a good
4000DPI or better scan of one of the slides I get back from this trial to
test the scanner link.  I am not sure they do this sort of thing.  Any scans
I have gotten back in the past were small jpeg's.  I have always been happy
with the results from my scanner before this.

Aram

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Am I wasting my time/money?)
Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] Am I wasting my time/money?)
Reply from richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard) ([Leica] Am I wasting my time/money?)