Subject: [Leica] Am I wasting my time/money?
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Tue Sep 5 08:56:59 2006

Well Jayanand - Whether the R8/9 set up is "worth it" is really up to
the individual. Certainly the fact that you can shoot film and
digital with the system makes a viable choice.

My only point in mentioning the drum scanner was that if you wish to
see, on a computer screen, every bit that a kodachrome 25
transparency has - a drum scan is the only way to do that. When you
open a digital RAW capture you're seeing all there is. One of the
reasons that I've moved almost entirely to digital is because I
cannot afford to have a lot of personal photography professionally
scanned. And while my two scanners do an OK job - they do not compare
favorably to professional drum scans. In other words I cannot easily,
efficiently and economically get the quality of the film into digital
files. However that does not mean that the film does not have the
quality in terms of sharpness, tone, color, etc.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george@imagist.com

Message from jgovindaraj at eth.net (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Am I wasting my time/money?)