Subject: [Leica] Harvard tuition
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Thu Aug 31 16:31:27 2006

All,
Another perspective of why a highly selective school might be worth the
cost.  First, at the very least, your child will not be bored by easy work.
Competition from peers will keep the juices flowing.  Second, the other kids
at the school are at least as smart as your child so the cross pollination
of ideas is highly probable.  Third, some of the very best professors are at
the highly selective schools; sometimes those folks can open whole new
worlds of thinking.  Fourth, most of these schools are pretty small so
interactions with all classes is more probable, again, more opportunities to
widened horizons. (Exceptions would be Berkley, Michigan, etc.)

Now, if your child doesn't really care about learning or isn't excited by
new knowledge then you are left with the whole name thing.

Last, your child should attend an institution that fits their personal
psyche or no matter how good the school is they will have a terrible
experience.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com