Subject: [Leica] Digital enlargement & enlightenment, please.
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Sun Aug 27 14:54:53 2006

Lew, I've always made a rough estimate of the sensor pixels divided by 300
for a print dimension in inches.
However, really that is simplistic. The image just doesn't translate the
same way. The lack of light scatter within the film and the lack of grain
really change the whole relationship. Plus, of course what the camera
software does with the information.
Have a look at what Doug Herr, for example, does with the digital back on
his R. That ought to be a close analogy with what the M8 ought to be capable
of.
I'm sure we've all seen very large prints made on wide format pro printers
from a good 6MP DSLR, too.

Cheers
Hoppy
Not leaping, but still impressed