Subject: [Leica] Photo contest rules/policy question
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Aug 24 13:06:42 2006

B. D. Colen suggested:
Subject: Re: [Leica] Photo contest rules/policy question

> Go with a small number of judges, but change them with some regularity.<<

Brian,
I agree with B.D.  on this manner of judging, less is more! Simply because
judging by committee and not from experienced judges creates chaos!

No offense to the LUG population, but I'd much rather have 3 judges with
experince than a bunch of whatever number of inexperienced who like a photo
just because they like it without being able to expertly say why the photo
won!

Yes there are time the simple "Well I like it is all the judge need
comment." But he or she should be able to explain why they selected the
photo for it's photographic attributes and why they like it and what made it
work to win.

I notice you're having a problem with judges? Well good sir count me in for
a start and as B.D. offered ... "change the judges with regularity."

This is the point where without question the plan absolutely requires the
KISS principle! Too many cooks screw-up the pudding!

ted