Subject: [Leica] Lens caps
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Tue Aug 15 22:44:20 2006

B.D.,
 you can see there what I consider to be the point. If you buy the one with
minor marks you want to be able to return it if you consider it imperfect.
Then, if you are selling a lens with minor marks, you may well know that its
performance is fine, but the buyer will expect to pay less and make their
own assessment.
This is not in any way doubting your expertise and experience, and that of
others. Just that the retained value is likely to be less due to the
perception that it may not perform as well and/or it is less attractive to
own.

So I'm considering future trade in/selling price as well, maybe.

Cheers
Hoppy