Subject: [Leica] Will is win big?
From: Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway)
Date: Fri Aug 11 08:36:17 2006

 >>> I don't think either party is blameless in this recent conflict.
Hezbollah has the announced goal of completely eliminating Israel.  How
can you negotiate with that?  <<<

I'm with Tina on this.

Jim

Tina Manley wrote:

> At 10:30 AM 8/11/2006, you wrote:
>
>> Nathan
>>
>> Honestly, I think your concept of this situation is seriously flawed.
>> It is the most perfect example o a "penny wise, pound foolish"
>> mentality I can imagine.  I'm not trying to be harsh but please try
>> viewing  these events with an open mind. What most have missed with
>> the Reuters images should have been easily presented when the story
>> broke.  I posted images which showed the scene without manipulation,
>> but with increased contrast. The destruction in downtown Beirut seemed
>> quite obvious.
>

> http://www.downtownbeirut.com/Genocide/israel-genocide-in-lebanon.htm
>

> Walt - The photos on the site you sent are very disturbing.  I was in
> Lebanon a year ago and it's hard to believe how much things have
> changed.  I photographed the Cedar Rebellion in downtown Beirut and
> talked to the people camped out there who were demanding the truth about
> Hariri's assassination and the right to govern themselves.  Everybody
> was so hopeful.  I don't think either party is blameless in this recent
> conflict.  Hezbollah has the announced goal of completely eliminating
> Israel.  How can you negotiate with that? As Golda Meir said, "We will
> have peace with the Arabs when they love their children more than they
> hate us."  But Israel should also know that they will be condemned by
> the world for killing innocent civilians, even if the targets are
> Hezbollah sites.
>
> To bring this back to photography, the photos by the Reuters
> photographer were blatantly and clumsily altered.  The photographer
> admitted he did it.  He should have known better.  They were right to
> get rid of his photos.  It's disturbing that such obviously altered
> photos were ever published.  Photojournalists should have to record any
> processing of their photographs in the metadata history which would be
> available to editors.
>
> Tina
>
> Tina Manley, ASMP, NPPA
> http://www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier) ([Leica] Will is win big?)
Message from nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Will is win big?)
Message from walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson) ([Leica] Will is win big?)
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Will is win big?)