Subject: [Leica] Will is win big?
From: walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson)
Date: Fri Aug 11 07:30:08 2006

Nathan

Honestly, I think your concept of this situation is seriously flawed. It
is the most perfect example o a "penny wise, pound foolish" mentality I
can imagine.  I'm not trying to be harsh but please try viewing  these
events with an open mind. What most have missed with the Reuters images
should have been easily presented when the story broke.  I posted images
which showed the scene without manipulation, but with increased
contrast. The destruction in downtown Beirut seemed quite obvious.

The bloggers setting all these misconceptions right should be made to
spend a few days in the Lebanese people's shoes. The example of the same
abaya-clad woman wailing in separate locations does little to tarnish
the truth of what is happening there. I posted Chris Anderson's link  so
many on the LUG without  journalistic backgrounds could  view a
top-notch shooter's work. I'd really like to see some of these blogger
experts face a man such as him with questions about reality. Let's not
forget  Rush Limbaugh who appears like a clone of Joe McCarthy. spewing
nonsense to insecure, guilt-ridden "ditto heads"

I have no vested interest in this current disaster. I certainly respect
many of the men and women risking their lives to cover the war. If it
hadn't been for those such as Larry Burrow, Cathy Leroy, Nick Ut, Don
Mccullin and  many other where would would be? Maybe still in S.E. Asia
trying to create "peace with honor" out of this country's wealthy
elitist's quest for more power. Still, my view has nothing to do with
being sympathetic to any of the participant's causes. No matter how many
Hezzbollah we see pointing cameras at dead children let's no forget one
thing. Our allies are the ones killing without reservation. The bodies
have been made available courtesy of Israel and if their is a god he is
surely keeping score.

http://www.downtownbeirut.com/Genocide/israel-genocide-in-lebanon.htm

Walt