Subject: [Leica] Will is win big?
From: nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Fri Aug 11 12:23:33 2006

Without wanting to embark on a a discussion of the merits of Hizbollah
vs. Israel (my opinions on that are clearly stated on my blog, and
everyone is welcome to comment there), I would like to hear the opinion
of the experienced photojournalists here on the quality of the coverage
now vs. 30 years ago. It seems to me that the last truly independent
coverage of a conflict was in Indochina in the 1970s. Today the
reporting and photography by the likes of people mentioned by Walt
appears to have been replaced by carefully managed photo ops, embedded
reporters and the like. Is that true, or am I just influenced by a
romantic notion of the independent reporter as seen in movies like The
Killing Fields or All The President's Men?

Nathan

--
Nathan Wajsman
Almere, The Netherlands

Blog: http://www.fotocycle.dk/blog

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] Will is win big?)
Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Will is win big?)
Reply from walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson) ([Leica] Will is win big?)
Message from nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Will is win big?)
Message from walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson) ([Leica] Will is win big?)