Subject: [Leica] Amsterdam Pride 2006
From: nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Tue Aug 8 07:06:42 2006

The only protester I have ever seen was one lady preacher on a street
corner near the Central Station telling passers-by that they would go
to hell etc. This was last year or in 2004. To my knowledge, there
have not been any kind of organized protests against Gay Pride in the
past several years. The only people in Amsterdam who are openly
against this sort of event are the Muslims; but they do not protest
at a large event like that, instead limiting themselves to attacking
the odd gay couple straying into their neighborhoods :-(

No, here in NL this is a mainstream event, that is why you have all
these big companies supporting it. And the mayor of Amsterdam is on
record as saying that he wants the city to be a place where two gay
men or two lesbians can walk hand in hand, anywhere, without being
accosted by anyone.

Nathan

On 8-aug-2006, at 15:43, H. Ball Arche wrote:

> Of course there are always a-ho's who won't pass up on
> a chance to make themselves obnoxious, but the South
> has no monopoly there. I'm willing to bet even in
> Holland there were a few 'counter-protesters'.

Nathan Wajsman
nathan@nathanfoto.com
http://www.greatpix.eu
Blog: http://www.fotocycle.dk/blog