Subject: [Leica] Epson R2400 printer issue
From: walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson)
Date: Mon Aug 7 06:07:05 2006

Gene

I have a cheap clock radio that is easily replaced and I'll risk my
refrigerator rather than drink warm beer. As to the instant on feature
of my t.v.? Well, when I discovered that feature on an older model years
back I did turn it off. Quite honestly, the best thing which could
happen to us all would be to have our t.v.'s struck dead (I almost said
struck dumb but that would be a real oxymoron)

My automobile is on its own and  my house should be up to code. Just
about everything here in Florida gets struck by lightning at one time or
another. Let  me assure you I don't believe all the surge protectors  on
my electronics make me safe from disasters.If Mother Nature points her
bony finger in your direction then there is nothing to do but cross your
fingers. (and knees) I am much more concerned with abrupt power outages
and data corruption.

Fortunately, here in America we are free to choose. Switch on, switch
off. Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi, Oprah or Jerry Springer..Don't you just
love the freedom? :-P

Switching off for now

Walt