Subject: [Leica] Epson R2400 printer issue
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun Aug 6 06:31:53 2006

This is primarily an issue of the original sellar not taking care of the
customer.  If any of you buy from a reputable dealer and in a reasonable
amount of time find the product causing difficulties then you should return
the device for exchange to the dealer.  Anything humans make can be faulty
so a reasonable person would only shop at places that will take things back.

One reason I tend to make large purchases from brick and mortar in my area
is the ability to deal with real humans.

Now, as to Epsons, I have had four starting at the origianl photo stylus and
now up to a 9800.  No issues with any of them except the 1270 finally blew
its heads after a long hard life.  I have many friends who use the 2400 and
pump out prints all the time with no issues.  All kinds of paper from the
thick poster boards down to that thin polyester stuff people use for contact
printing haven't caused any grief.  So, there are lemons out and about that
should be dealt with.

Brian, I am sure that the new machine will work well as it will either be
really new or at least a solid refurbished model.  Hopefully making
prints will be fun again.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com