Subject: [Leica] Epson R2400 printer issue
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Sat Aug 5 10:45:23 2006

I bought an Epson R2400 printer in March 2006, and my experience has been
that when it is working, it is a magnificent printer, but that it is finicky
and troublesome and frequently does strange things. I've made a couple of
calls to Epson technical support, but nothing useful came out of them.

This morning I decided to be stubborn about it, and stayed on the phone with
tech support until we reached a resolution that I was happy with. The
problem that made me call them is that it had become increasingly difficult
to turn the printer on. When the printer was new, I had to hit the "on"
button 2 or 3 times before it would succeed. The last time I turned it on, a
month ago, I had to hit the "on" button about 25 times to turn it on.

It got unplugged yesterday, and today I stopped counting at 30 times pushing
the "on" button. Each unsuccessful push of the button caused the machine to
act like it was turning on, but then suddenly to forget that I had asked it
to turn on, and just turn itself off.

After a long conversation with the Epson tech support person, they agreed
that this was a manufacturing defect and that they would replace the
printer. They will send me a replacement and I will return the defective
unit in the box that the replacement shipped in.

SO: if you've had trouble with your Epson R2400 turning itself off shortly
after you turn it on, call tech support and harangue them; they might
replace your printer.

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Epson R2400 printer issue)
Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Epson R2400 printer issue)