Subject: [Leica] Just curious
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sat Jul 29 15:25:53 2006

While I agree, the pain of doing business with USPS is the problem....  You
must go there twice... Once to get the package weighed
and the correct shipping cost  ( from a computer that has in it 10 gazillion
pages of tariffs) , then again to actually ship the
item.  At which point the cost always changes....   It drives me nuts.
Foreign shipments are the worst.....  Real cost and in
advance cost have no relationship to each other.....

I had a claim... they told me to wait another 4-6 weeks to see if my
Priority mail insured package would arrive.  Then, after it did
not, they hassled me over the insurance value.  If I ship[ with some form of
tracker, the package can get to its destination, before
the USPS system recognizes they even have the package.

When it happens with UPS, I get to instantly and in real time, check the
package whereabouts.  Insurance is paid within 7 days.

Yes, quality of delivery does have a lot to do with service, but policies
that are not friendly to the consumer is where  I draw the
line.....

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net