Subject: [Leica] Just curious
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Fri Jul 28 11:26:45 2006

Dealing with the USPS is painful, and it is the only practical way to deal
with overseas shipments.

UPS takes me maybe 1 minute to ship a box.... USPS takes 20 minutes to get
to the front of the line, then, if there is a problem
with the shipment, they tell you to wait a few weeks to months to see if the
package did arrive before they will allow you to file a
claim, even for USA shipments.... Just not friendly.  ( But they will make
sure your junk mail gets to your house on the day it is
supposed to.....)

.USPS is fine for junk mail... do you think your Leica is junk?

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Bonjour,

  I just noticed that one of our lugger friend is selling a camera and will
only ship to the US.  I've also noticed that many people
on eBay make it clear that they do not ship outside of the USA.  Heck, some
won't even ship an item to Alaska!  Now just out of
curiosity really, in this day and age of globalization and international
trade, why are so many americans refusing to ship outside
of the continental USA, and potentially lose sales and money?

  Again, just curious and...puzzled.

  Best,

  Robert (Un chevalier sans blason)