Subject: [Leica] OT--Lebanon/ FEMA again? source of news
From: langeratcarleton at gmail.com (Mark Langer)
Date: Thu Jul 20 06:33:01 2006

And the inescapable conclusion you came to is that the entire world is
laughing about this?  Also, take this news with a grain of salt -- Canada so
far has only removed 260 people and the front page of a major Canadian daily
today has a big photo of US citizens relaxing on board a cruise vessel that
removed them from Lebanon. Yesterday's CBC news had a story on US removal,
comparing it favourably to efforts by other countries.  CBC is hardly
pro-US.  Scarcely a chuckle at the US to be seen in any of the media I've
been looking at, from BBC to Ha'aretz, to various papers and TV broadcasts
in Canada.  The US is no further behind other countries in getting people
out.  So, I'm still looking for some evidence to support your assertion that
the whole world is laughing at the US's evacuation efforts.  I'd be grateful
if you could actually provide some evidence of widespread international
reaction to this, not just your unsupported exterpolation of a news story
from CNN that says US efforts are tardy.  Even if they were, which is
doubtful, show me the international hilarity over this.

Mark