Subject: [Leica] OT--Lebanon/ FEMA again? source of news
From: wrs111445 at yahoo.com (Bill Smith)
Date: Wed Jul 19 23:21:00 2006

Try watching CNN where you could clearly see a few days ago that the USA was
following other countries in evacuating their citizens. I didn't make that
news up--it is fact.

Mark Langer <langeratcarleton@gmail.com> wrote:  I'm not a huge fan or your
current administration, but can't see the problem
there. Certainly, the Americans are getting their people out quicker than
some countries (you should be aware of the slow progress of evacuation plans
for up to 40,000 Canadian citizens in Lebanon). It is the height of the
summer cruise season and ships capable of carrying passengers are in short
supply. Military vessels are not equipped to handle thousands of civilian
evacuees, to say nothing of the logistics of moving people around within
Lebanon during the conflict. So I'm not clear about the basis of your
criticism. I've been looking at news reports from outside your country, and
am not aware that the U.S. evacuation effort has made your country the
"laughing stock of the world." Could you give us some indication where
this laughter is coming from?

Mark