Subject: [Leica] Professional Tourist
From: nickbroberts at yahoo.co.uk (Nick Roberts)
Date: Sun Jul 16 14:46:11 2006

Ted, you said 100 lire per image, not $100 - "This was an unfortunate
admission on my part as professional photographers
must pay an extra fee of 100 Lire for there pictures. I could accept  that
for a day of shooting within the ruins.
Then my interpreter discovered the fee was for each exposure.  I asked did
they mean each different location or each time I exposed a frame?  The fee
was charged for every time the camera went click! Imagine a 36 exposure
roll was going to cost 3600 Lire.  I probably would shoot 10 or twenty
rolls during the day and that got to be very very expensive and that was
more than I could accept!"

100 lire is 6 1/2 cents, and so 20 rolls = 72,000 lire = $47. So in my
opinion, if it's lire, you were indeed a bit of a cheapskate (not that I
blame you for that!) if it was dollars, nobody in their right mind could
blame you.

Nick