Subject: [Leica] Jill Greenberg's Distressed Children
From: enitka1 at comcast.net (Ernest Nitka)
Date: Wed Jul 5 19:54:43 2006

Almost as bad is the reaction that Thomas Hawke received in terms of
Greenberg going after him for slander ( or is libel - I can never
remember which is which).  I myself wrote the gallery that is
featuring this work and suggested that they may not find such a warm
welcome from most photographers and enthusiast.

ernie
On Jul 5, 2006, at 3:45 PM, Tina Manley wrote:

At 05:13 PM 7/5/2006, you wrote:
It results from a conspiracy between unscrupulous and ambitious
> parents and an unscrupulous and ambitious photographer...
>

> the photography is so/so, but in this setting, who cares...?
>
> Steve

Well, that's my opinion, too, but some of the professional commercial
photographers are defending the work, saying it is thought provoking
and original and that no permanent damage was done to the kids.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP, NPPA
http://www.tinamanley.com