Subject: [Leica] OT - ze germans
From: alal at duke.poly.edu (Akhil Lal)
Date: Fri Jun 30 12:22:27 2006

The generally low standard of refereeing has stood out again. One reason
is, I believe,  because a 3 man team is really inadequate to officiate
todays game; a  5 or 6 man team with at least two refeerees would be an
improvement.

As for hard fouls, it is a way for the less skilled but more phyical teams
to compete, or to negate the opponents best players.

Best game so far: Argentina vs Mexico, football at its best. The  Latin
American game.

Worst game so far: Portugal vs Holland. The European game carried to its
logical (almost) extreme.

All IMO.