Subject: [Leica] OT - ze germans
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Fri Jun 30 13:08:58 2006

Akhil,

>The generally low standard of refereeing has stood out again. One reason
>is, I believe,  because a 3 man team is really inadequate to officiate
>todays game; a  5 or 6 man team with at least two refeerees would be an
>improvement.

Agree. And the refs should be professionals. Not teachers, dentists and cops
as now.

>As for hard fouls, it is a way for the less skilled but more phyical teams
>to compete, or to negate the opponents best players.

The problem is all teams do tackle very hard, today. It has become a
standard.

>Best game so far: Argentina vs Mexico, football at its best. The  Latin
>American game.

Agree but only for the first 30 minutes. Then it turned european. If there
wasn't Maxi Rodriguez's wondershot in the 98th minute, it would have been
another game to forget.

>Worst game so far: Portugal vs Holland. The European game carried to its
>logical (almost) extreme.

This game hit the rock bottom. A seafarer's battle, just without sabres and
guns. Both teams should have been banned and Ecuador qualified for them.

Let's hope one of the last 7 games will be delighting. Italy-Ukrainia isn't,
so far, even if Italy started powerful, but since Zambrottas nice goal we
are facing the infamous catenacchio again.

Didier

Message from rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] OT - ze germans)
Message from alal at duke.poly.edu (Akhil Lal) ([Leica] OT - ze germans)